Image by Alpha, licensed under Creative CommonsPreparation Time: 20-25 minutes
- 300 gm yam (chopped)
- 100 gm rice noodles
- 1 cup cucumber (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp oyster sauce
- few drops of sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove (mashed)
- 4 tsp olive oil
- oil for deep frying
- salt to taste
- Add rice noodles in lukewarm water for about 30 minutes.
- Drain all the water and sprinkle sesame oil on them. Mix well with a fork and keep aside.
- Take yam pieces in a bowl and add paprika, white pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt in it.
- Mix well and keep aside for about 10 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep frying pan.
- Fry all the seasoned yam pieces on a medium flame till they turn light brown.
- Take 2 tsp of olive oil in a wok.
- Add mashed garlic and saute for about a minute.
- Add rice noodles with oyster sauce and a pinch of salt.
- Stir fry on a high flame for about 3 to 4 minutes and bring down from the flame.
- Take a bowl and add chopped tomatoes and cucumber in it.
- Pour 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil in it with lime juice and salt.
- Mix well with a wooden spatula.
- Take a serving plate and arrange rice noodles at the base.
- Place fried yam pieces on top of it.
- Add tangy salsa on top and garnish with white sesame seeds.
- Serve with chips and coffee.