Afghan dishes are rich in calories and perfectly suit to dry and cold weather of this rugged terrain. Kabuli Pulao is the national dish of Afghanistan and is very popular in south Asia and middle east. Although there are many variants of pulao, Afghan version is known to be more rich and fulfilling. Combination of rice, lamb meat, carrots and raisins makes it a perfect meal for every occasion.
Preparation Time: 30-35 minutes.
1. Saute carrots and raisins in butter and keep aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil and stir fry onions till translucent. Add rice and mutton broth and cook till tender.
3. In a separate pan, heat some oil and fry all whole spices and add lamb pieces. Add salt to taste and cook for 5-6 minutes.
4. In a greased baking dish, arrange lamb piece in center and cover with half-done rice. Sprinkle carrots and raisins on top.
5. Preheat oven on 250 degrees and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Garnish with ginger juliennes. Serve hot in a large flat dish.